Monday, August 30, 2010

Make It Yourself Monday - Low to No Sew Halter Top

I got the original idea for this from Found in The Ali's No Sew Halter Top tutorial I just tweaked it a bit to meet my needs.

Instead of using a large T-shirt I used some fabric I have been wanting to turn into an article of clothing. I sewed the fabric into a tube and then just followed the tutorial.

Also, to make things a little different I made a braided halter top strap and used that to tie on the front ends instead of just a strip of fabric.

I didn't like the idea of the strips tied all together in the back because it just didn't work right for me, so I also braided a backing strap and tied that to it as well.

Altogether very similar, and very easy! I love my new braided halter top and it only cost me $2.00 unlike the ones going for over $15.00 in stores.

No comments: