Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Keeping the House Clean With Kids - Day 2: Chore Chart

A great, and fun way to keep your house in order when you have kids (and even if you don't) is to give yourself a daily reminder! As if the mess isn't enough ;)

Today U-Create Crafts had a GREAT tutorial on a very, VERY easy magnetic chore board for your family. And you can make it for under $10.



This is the finished product! I can't wait to make one of my own! I am planning to also paint over it with chalk paint, so I can write notes and reminders to myself.

I've included the supplies needed in this post but to see the entire tutorial view the original post here.

Here is what you'll need...


SUPPLIES:

-Wood (10x15 inches)

-Wood Block (Approx. 1.75x6 inches)

-Chipboard piece (11x17 inches)

-2 pieces of scrapbook paper PER chart

-Mod Podge

-Foam Brush

-Vinyl (optional)

-Sheet Metal (Found mine at Home Depot for .99 - in Roofing section)

-Accent/Plant Gems ($1 at Dollar Tree)

-Magnets

-Chore pics (clipart included)

-Hot Glue Gun

-Tacks (optional - at Lowe's - 24 pk. for $1)

No comments: