Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Mom Pledge

Today is an exciting day for me. Or perhaps a better word would be anxious. Today I will be featured on The Mom Pledge, which is a blog and community for mothers united in the cause of eradicating cyber bullying.

The excerpt they will be posting is one from a few years ago. But let me take you back even further. I was the administrator of a few different forums, and a member of others. I had a good time online making friends and sharing stories and laughs. When I found out I was pregnant I was so excited to join a forum where there would be other women, all sharing in the same experience. And as a young, twenty year old, soon to be mother, I was a little nervous too and eager for guidance.

Perhaps in my mind the anticipated experience I would have was a little idealistic. But even still, what I got was a harsh reality check. I'd seen teasing on forums before, but it was light and friendly. Nothing like this. And being both naive and stubborn, I easily became a part of it. After about a year of experiencing what is often referred to as "flaming", I made the post that will be shared with you today on The Mom Pledge blog. I still feel a great deal of emotion when I read it, it brings back to a time I like to think I had forgotten. But I got so much positive feedback from women who felt the same and had similar experiences I decided it was time to share.

Please take a moment and read today's post on The Mom Pledge Blog. It stands for everything I agree with. It all boils down to the fact that we are all mothers in different situations and we are all just doing the best we can. Cyber-bullying happens everywhere, and it's just as deplorable and cowardly as bullying in any other aspect of life, if not more so. I encourage each woman to read the The Pledge Prompt, take the pledge and proudly share the button on your blog or website.

We are grown women who should know better than to act like this. And most importantly we are setting the example for our children. Let's keep this in mind each day.

Happy Sunday and much love,

AJ
Baby's Mama Admin

No comments: